The Old Dominion Monarchs will look to end a five-game losing streak when they visit the UAB Blazers at Legion Field on Saturday afternoon.
Five-game losing streak
Old Dominion won its 2019 opener but is now saddled with a five-game losing streak, the second-longest in program history. Four of the five losses have come by double-digits, including a 31-17 setback at Marshall last weekend
Blazers are red-hot
The UAB Blazers have won two straight and going back to 2017, have won 16 of their last 20 contests. Last week, they thumped Texas-San Antonio 33-14 on the road.
UAB rolled last week thanks to 492 yards of offense, led by 294 passing from Tyler Johnston III. Johnston now has 1,503 yards passing and 13 TDs (61.8%), but is struggling with interceptions (9). Receiver Austin Watkins also had a big game with six catches for 167 yards and a score. Lucious Stanley ran for 92 yards and a score.
The defense was sturdy, holding the Roadrunners to just 220 total yards, including just 94 in the air. On the season, they are allowing just 265 total yards per game, which ranks seventh in the nation. They are strong against the run, giving up just 168.5 yards per game.
The Old Dominion Monarchs are:
- 3-9 ATS in their last 12 games against Conference-USA
- 1-4 ATS in their last five games on fieldturf
- 9-23 ATS in their last 32 games after allowing more than 200 rushing yards in their previous game
The UAB Blazers are:
- 4-1 ATS in their last five overall
- 18-7-1 ATS in their last 26 home games
- 7-1 ATS in their last eight games against teams with losing records