The Buffalo Bulls host the Toledo Rockets Wednesday in an important Mid-American Conference tilt. Toledo com,es in with a record of 6-4 overall and 3-3 in the MAC. Buffalo is 5-5 overall and 3-3 in the MAC. Buffalo beat Toledo last year 31-17. Buffalo is a 7.5 favorite in this game. Kickoff is Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. ET at UB Stadium in Buffalo, N.Y.
Toledo rally falls shortThis is a huge game for the Rockets as they still have a shot to win the MAC's West Division. They are 3-3 in the conference, just a game in the loss column behind Western Michigan and Central Michigan, which are both 5-2. A loss here this week by Toledo would pretty much end their hopes to win the division. A win here, on the other hand, would set up a huge finale with Central Michigan.
The Rockets are coming off a tough 31-28 loss to division rival Northern Illinois last week. on Nov. 13. The Rockets scored three times in the fourth quarter but NIU won it on a field goal with 41 seconds left. Toledo nearly got in field goal range on its final drive, but ran out of time. Toledo leads the MAC in rushing offense with 245 yards per game on the ground. They are 14th in the nation in that stat category. They are second in the MAC in total offense with 445 ypg. Running back Bryant Koback is third in the league and 10th in the nation with 1,066 yards rushing.
Buffalo loses heartbreakerThe Buffalo Bulls are having a decent season at 5-5 overall and 3-3 in the MAC. They are 2 full games behind Miami (Ohio) in the East Division of the conference. Buffalo is coming off a 30-27 loss at Kent State loss last week. It was a horrible defeat as Buffalo was up 27-6 in the fourth quarter before Kent State stormed back to win 30-27 and snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.
BREAKING: There are stunning comebacks, and then there's what @KentStFootball just pulled off. Flashes score 21 points in 2:47 to tie it, then win it with a 44-yard field goal by Matthew Trickett on the last play of the game. Final from Dix Stadium: Kent State 30, Buffalo 27.— Allen Moff (@AllenMoff_RC) November 15, 2019
Buffalo has best defense in the conference, but it failed them last week. They allow 23 points per game and 292 total yards per game. Buffalo has had 23 sacks over the last five games. Buffalo is first in the MAC in rushing defense and 7th in the nation giving up 88 yards per game.
Taylor Riggins leads the MAC with 7.5 sacks. They also run the ball well as running back Jaret Patterson is second in the conference with 1,136 yards rushing. They are second in the conference in rushing offense.
- Rockets are 4-10 ATS in their last 14 games after accumulating more than 200 yards rushing in their previous game.
- Rockets are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 conference games.
- Rockets are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games overall.
- Rockets are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games on fieldturf.
- Rockets are 0-6 ATS in their last 6 games after accumulating more than 280 yards passing in their previous game.
- Rockets are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 road games.
Trends are from Covers.com:
- Bulls are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
- Bulls are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 conference games.
- Bulls are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games overall.
- Bulls are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games on fieldturf.
- Bulls are 13-4 ATS in their last 17 home games.
- Bulls are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games following a straight up loss.
- Bulls are 11-4 ATS in their last 15 games after allowing less than 170 yards passing in their previous game.